How to Qualify for a Habitat Home
A Hand Up, Not a Hand Out
Habitat homes are SOLD to families. By building homes at a low cost, Habitat for Humanity Windsor-Essex is able to offer a hand up to low income earners who would not otherwise be able to qualify for a conventional mortgage by providing them with a no-interest mortgage.
Fostering Pride in Homeownership
1. Is your family income at least $24,000 per year?
2. Have you worked continuously for the same employer for at least one full year?
3. Do you have good credit?
4. Are you willing to complete "Sweat Equity" requirements?
5. Are your current living conditions unsafe, overcrowded or poorly maintained?
If you answered YES to ALL of the above questions, you MAY qualify for a Habitat Home!
In order to qualify, Partner Families must meet the following criteria:
1. Demonstrate a need for safe, decent, affordable housing
2. Ability to pay a Habitat for Humanity Windsor-Essex mortgage
3. Willingness to partner with Habitat for Humanity Windsor-Essex
For more information on how to apply for a Habitat for Humanity home, or to register for an upcoming Partner Family Information session, please call: 519-969-3762 ext. 29 or email: email@example.com